I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Friday, November 9, 2012

Review: Embrace

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , , ,
Embrace
by Stacey Rourke

Plot Summary:

Whether she likes it or not, eighteen year old Celeste Garrett has come to terms with being the Chosen One. She knew having a “normal life” would be tricky, between intense training sessions and epic demonic battles, but she didn’t know at what cost it would come. That is, until a dear friend is harmed by the malicious forces hunting her.

Now, she’d like nothing more than to retreat into a hermit lifestyle to prevent anyone else from getting hurt. But startling revelations, amazing new abilities, and mortifying moments in front of insanely hot guys won’t allow time for that. Soon, Celeste finds herself surrounded by darkness and wondering who she can trust—if anyone.

Review:

I was pleasantly surprised by this novel. I don’t usually like second novels more than the first, but I must say I loved Embrace more than The Conduit. The author further develops the consequences the Garret kids and especially Celeste must accept as part of the job being the force fighting against the Dark Army. With the same humor and wit, Celeste tries to make the right decisions and accept her role as leader while the Dark Army gather their troops and send unusual demons to fight them. It becomes unclear who exactly she can trust, and I was wrong about a few people I thought were trustworthy. It’s a surprising story with more kick-butt battles that kept me turning pages as fast as possible.

The romance with Caleb was sweet and slowly built, although there is that annoying insta-love element to it. There is more suspense and action in this novel, and more questions raised then answered which makes me very eager to read the next book in the series.  This is another great read with fun characters and a well-paced plot!

review copy kindly provided by the author in connection with Young Adult Novel Reader Book Tours


Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be able to start these books. they sound really good. I really love the covers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I love the covers as well- very artistic and different!

      Delete