I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Saturday, November 3, 2012

Blogspiration (3) - Doctor Who and Life

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , ,

Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUpYA and Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers and writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation or just a little SOMETHING.

You know, when you watch Doctor Who, you think it's all time travel, a blue box, scary adventures, aliens, and that's it.  The truth is, the show is so much deeper than that.  And so much darker.  And so much madder.  And so much better. :)

The truth is, the show celebrates so much about life and humanity that I can't help but be inspired by the characters and the writing and the stories.  Since it's Whovember, I would like to feature Doctor Who during the five Blogspiration posts this month.  Of course the Doctor isn't going to take me on adventures and change my life, but one thing I love in the show is how the companions change their own lives by opening themselves up to new experiences and making sacrifices and being brave.


Note: The quote in the picture is from an episode in Season 2, and the picture is from Season 5.  I thought it fit really well though because the girl in the picture has all those experiences mentioned in the show and everything more.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

14 comments:

  1. I love Doctor Who so much! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome, another Whovian! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This is a really great post- I've never been partial to Doctor who since it gave me terrible nightmares as a child, from the Tom Baker hilarity season no less, and I've always been a little too intimidated by the monsters, but there are some beautiful things that come from it, such as this quote. You've written a beautiful post! Happy blogspiration! x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you check it out! It might be a little scarier than it was in the Baker years, but definitely lots of fun! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a Docter Who show, but some friends of mine advise me to start with it. Now I see you're enthousiast too, I think I'll have to try it :D Curious about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should listen to your friends! :) It's really a great show, it has everything, adventure, comedy, tragedy, romance and history and science fiction thrown in!

      Delete
  4. Love love love this blogspiration!! I really need to start watching this serie!! I have a feeling I am missing out the whole world with not watching it! MUST do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I think you will enjoy joining the ranks of Doctor Who fans! :) It's a great fandom to be a part of!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! 'Epically awesome' describes the show pretty well! :D

      Delete
  6. A lovely post. I really like the way you summarize the show's appeal. It is definitely a monster show but as you say it's also about so much more. Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that quote so, I think it captures the spirit of the show perfectly!

      Delete
  7. Oh oh oh... Charlene. Thank you so so SO much for posting.

    And... uh... I think it says soemthing about me as a Whovian that I'm covered in painful goosebumps and tearing up reading the quote and seeing this picture and *sobs* (I'm not kidding. tears in eyes).

    "You know, when you watch Doctor Who, you think it's all time travel, a blue box, scary adventures, aliens, and that's it. The truth is, the show is so much deeper than that. And so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better."

    If anything in the entire world, if anything literary of fictional or so wonderful could be real, I'd want it to be Doctor and the TARDIS.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sarah! I didn't realize you are a DW fan! I felt a little choked up seeing this picture because of the last episode with the Pond's goodbye. It's a great ending, but still so sad!

      I totally agree, the world would be such a magical place for me, if the Doctor could actually exist. Imagine the waiting list of people signing up to be the Doctor's companion! :D

      Delete