I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, July 7, 2013

Suspense Sundays (52) The Locked Room

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.   {My archive list of episodes}


"The Locked Room"
Air date: January 27, 1944
Starring Virginia Bruce
>>Episodes here<<

Mr. Seton has acquired a diamond worth over a million dollars and before the final sale, he locks himself up in his office with it.  His secretary and colleague were talking outside his office when they hear a crash from the room and rush in.  Mr. Seton is on the floor, knocked out, the door and windows were locked and the diamond is gone.  There are four suspects - the two outside the office, the Doctor who was just in to visit, and Mr. Van Houten who wanted to see Mr. Seton about the diamond and just walked in after the crime was discovered.  Whodunit?

I love locked room mysteries!! The set-up for this one is particularly diabolical since there doesn't seem to be any way someone could have come into the room.  And there is a ladder leaning up against the outside - but the windows were locked from the inside! What?  There are lots of red herrings in this episode, and I must admit that the criminal was literally the last person I suspected.  Out of four people.  Oops.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

2 comments:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    Your blog and Tumblr are awesome--I love the features.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thank you for following, I'm following back on G+, Goodreads, and tumblr!

      Delete