I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, January 3, 2016

Suspense Sundays (180) The High Wall

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"The High Wall"
Air date: June 6, 1946
Starring Robert Young
>>Episodes here<<

Bob Lewis wakes up in a asylum for the criminally insane. He lost six months to amnesia - he can't remember what happened after he came home to his wife after three years, and opened the door to a knock.  He's in the asylum for murder, but he is sure he never committed such a horrible crime.  Fortunately his nurse is willing to help him prove his innocence.

The twist in this episode is very good. It's actually surprising to me how much my expectations led me to believe that things would go a certain way in the story, and it did not.  I think for that, this is a great episode to listen to. I always love stories that surprise me!


Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment