I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, October 25, 2015

Suspense Sundays (170) Angel of Death

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"Angel of Death"
Air date: January 3, 1945
Starring Paul Henried
>>Episodes here<<

John Forsythe is accused of murdering his wife and her lover.  He is guilty, as John's voiceover reveals, but he says he has been very clever about it.  As the story begins, we are brought into the court trial where more than one person claims they overheard him threaten to kill his wife.  But John does not counter the accusations and only brings up one point.  Has anyone found the bodies?  No.  But John is convicted and sent to jail for 10-20 years, and gets out in 15.  He then puts his plan into action.

I think John's plan is fairly obvious when you get to the part where he is convicted.  But I won't say any more just in case it's not that obvious. :)  I enjoyed this one - John's plan is not that great in my opinion, but he certainly had his revenge, and it's a great position he's in by the time he's done with jail.  There is another little incident that happens while he's in jail, that at first didn't seem important, but it's the basis for the great twist in the end.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment