I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Thursday, October 15, 2015

Making Waves (5)

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , , ,

Making Waves is a weekly question feature created by the Waterwitch Babes (part of Susan Dennard's Truthwitch Street Team). Every Thursday, we’ll have a fun question that all are welcome to answer on their blog. The questions will be random and/or relate to the upcoming book Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. A linky is provided so that everyone can link up their post and participate in the fun! 

To participate we do ask that you use the Making Waves banner in your post and link back to the Waterwitch Babes blog.


Question 5: How is your experience with the Truthwitch Street Team so far?  Or why would you like to be a part of the team?

I had an earlier post where I talked a bit about first joining the street team and how I had never been a part of one before so I didn't really know what to expect.  It's been a couple of months now, since I've been a part of the Truthwitch Street Team, and there are many things about the experience that I didn't expect.  I feel like the clan that I was put into - the Water clan - is pretty much a perfect group of enthusiastic people, who are all so supportive, kind and creative.  I love checking in with them on twitter (through their tweets or through the DM chat) and seeing what's going on.  Being a part of this street team is an ongoing, collaborative project that makes me excited about more than just Truthwitch (although I'm so ready to read the whole book!!).  It makes me also excited to blog, to engage with readers, and to be a part of the bookish community.  I really didn't expect that the street team could be so invigorating!  I almost wish I worked in publishing now - book marketing is kind of fun.  Especially when you have such awesome people to work with, and an equally awesome author to promote.

The other thing about this street team that I didn't expect, was how Susan Dennard would be so willing to give her time and energy to her team.  Behind the scenes, she sends us special videos, swag, and sneak peeks.  And it's AWESOME.  And she seems the sweetest person ever.  And from reading her blog posts or her Misfits and Daydreamers newsletters and how much advice and thought goes into those, I love how much she gives back to her readers.  It's kind of getting sappy here, but I feel a whole lot of joy from being a part of the team.  And I have to say I'm so grateful for the Waterwitch Babes, the Truthwitch fans, everyone in the Truthwitch Street Team, and of course, Susan Dennard.

I probably tweeted this too much already, but we are having a #ClanChat on October 25th at Noon ET, with all the Witchlanders.  Last month was so much fun, and I'm sure this month will be more of the same!

Next week's question:
 Where do you live?  What is magical about your city for you?


Link up!

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment