I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, November 2, 2014

Suspense Sundays (122) Infanticide

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"Infanticide"
Air date: October 11, 1959
Starring Santos Ortega
>>Episodes here<<

A young boy is found dead in his bed, and the episode follows the police interview of his step-father.  The step-father's issues with the mother of the boy and other personal problems abound.  But did the step-father kill his step-son?

Wow, this episode is Boring.  It's more like a dramatic character piece than a good suspense story unfortunately.  And the drama wasn't even that great - given that it's really hard to feel any sympathy with the step-father.  And there was no twist in the end to redeem it.  There's nothing I recommend about this episode - except if you are going to listen to this show, I recommend listening to another episode.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment