I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, December 1, 2013

Suspense Sundays (73) The Guilty Always Run

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.   {My archive list of episodes}


"The Guilty Always Run"
Air date: March 22, 1954
Starring Tyrone Power
>>Episodes here<<

While vacationing at the beach, Jeff gets involved with a pretty girl who follows him around like a puppy dog.  However Jeff is married and his wife has just broken her hip so she's feeling a little insecure.  When the girl turns up dead, Jeff starts making some pretty terrible decisions to make sure the police don't suspect him.

It's pretty clear that Jeff really did not murder the girl, but so it narrows the field of suspects making it easy to guess who did kill her I thought, but the read fun in this story is in Jeff and how oblivious he is.  He think's he's making the best choices but it's so clear it's not.  I think this was a great story of how one mistake and snowball into a bigger and bigger mess and it certainly inspires one to not flirt around if you are married!


Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment