I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, October 11, 2015

Suspense Sundays (168) Blind Spot

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"Blind Spot"
Air date: May 1, 1948
Starring Edmond O'Brien
>>Episodes here<<

A psychologist by the name of Eric Strange has written a bestseller book about 'blind spots' - when people don't understand how some event has happened in their life.  Strange is working with a polling company to test the theories in his book, but at the last minute the head of the polling firm, Rogers, does not want to go through with the survey, and Strange does not understand why.  As he is trying to make sense of it, Rogers is found dead, and Strange is intent on finding out who murdered him.

The plot of this one hour Suspense episode, gets into a lot of twists and turns.  It was hard for me to keep track of some of the characters sometimes, and I'm not quite sure about the character motivations, but I do think this was a well done mystery overall.  Especially because it has the surprise reveal and I didn't predict the murderer at all.  I thought it was interesting that the protagonist was a psychologist - I kind of wished that played more into his detective technique.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment