I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Songs Book Tag

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , ,
Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope you are having a lovely day with family and friends.  And I wish everyone a very Happy New Year!  Thank you for being wonderful and brilliant blogger friends.

When I saw this book tag on Quinn's Book Nook, I knew it would be perfect for my Christmas day post.  This tag was created by Jana at The Artsy Reader Girl.


1. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" - Name your favorite bookish couple.


Jane & Rochester of course! (Hee, your post made me want to find a cute kissy gif too, Quinn!)



2. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" - Name a book where a character is away from home. (school, vacation, etc)

I might as well try to feature books I've read this year!  Valour and Vanity by Mary Robinette Kowal feature Jane and Vincent stranded in Italy, unable to get home.


3. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Name your favorite 'little' book (children's book, short story, novella, etc)

I don't really read too many short stories and novellas, so I'll choose one book I'm currently reading - Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.  It's basically a collection of thoughts that reflect the philosophy of Stoicism, which I'm finding agrees very much with my outlook on life.


4. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?

I already know, courtesy of my Santa friend, that Passenger by Alexandra Bracken has been preordered for me - I can't wait to read it!


5. "Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer" - Which book turned your nose red (made you cry)?

I can't think of a book I read this year that really made me cry, so I'll choose this heartbreaker - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.  This one induced a whole lot of ugly crying. (But it was so good!!)



6. "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - What's your favorite book to read during the holidays? (Re-read or specific genre?)

I actually haven't read Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie around Christmas for awhile, but there was a time when it was a sort of tradition for me.  Even though it's a murder mystery, it seemed perfect for Christmas.  It definitely fostered my interest in the British Christmas customs of pudding and Christmas crackers!



7. "We Three Kings" - What's your favorite trilogy?

Surprisingly a lot of the series I love are not trilogies!  They are four or more books, so this was pretty hard for me.  But there is one that stands out - the Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta.  Such perfect YA fantasy-ness.


8. "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow" - Which character would you not mind being snowed in with?

Sir David Vincent from the Glamourist Histories series by Mary Robinette Kowal.  The series is kind of my favorite thing right now, and Vincent, even though he is taciturn and brooding, would make being snowed in very pleasant, I'm sure.  I would love to see just a little of his glamour tableaus.  Thank you Tor for putting this illustration on their tumblr page!


9. "Last Christmas" - Which book seriously let you down?

Thornfield Hall by Jane Stubbs was the only book I gave two stars to this year.  I'm a bit demanding when it comes to Jane Eyre retellings, and I had so many issues with this one.



10. "White Christmas" - Which upcoming release are you dreaming of?

Well I was able to read Truthwitch, so I don't have to dream too much about it, I already mentioned Passenger... so I guess I'll say Sarah J. Maas's A Court of Mist and Fury.  Also I'm dreaming of seeing the cover for it!

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment