I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, April 10, 2016

Suspense Sundays (194) Til the Day I Die

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"Til the Day I Die"
Air date: September 19, 1946
Starring Dane Clarke
>>Episodes here<<

Frankie and his girl Pat just committed an armed robbery, and Frankie had to kill a man in the process.  Only aftewards do they find out that the man killed is the spitting image of Frankie.  They are both very disturbed by this, but Pat is more upset.  They decide to split for awhile, until the police stop looking for a man and woman as suspects.  As Frankie is on a bus trying to get away, he gets recognized by a child as his Daddy.

Well apparently this is a darker take on the Biblical story of Cane and Abel, and I'm not sure if it really works.  I'm confused on why Frankie doesn't realize what's happened immediately, and also why he does a certain something at the end.  I didn't see his character as caring enough to do it.  This probably has potential as a plot though because the idea of it is creepy - to stumble across someone who looks exactly like you - and then to also have Frankie fall in love with the dead man's wife (another interesting twist to this story!)  Perhaps if this was longer though, it would have all worked better.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment