Today's the start of our Truthwitch read-along! To re-cap - it's for the month of February and we will feature discussion questions and giveaways every week, culminating in a twitter chat for all the participants and Witchlanders. Here’s the planned schedule for the read-along:
Feb 1-8 // Chapters 1-9
Hosted by Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy
Character spotlight: Safiya
Feb 9-15 // Chapters 10-19
Hosted by Olivia @ Candid Cover
Character spotlight: Iseult
Feb 16-22 // Chapters 20-29
Hosted by Kim @ Dreaming in Libraries
Character spotlight: Merik
Feb 23-29 // Chapters 30-End
Hosted by Carine @ Ceres Book World
Character spotlight: Aeduan
Feb 28 - Twitter Chat at 10am EST, use #TWReadalong
By February 8th, we hope you will have read the first nine chapters of Truthwitch, and to help you prepare here are some questions to answer for your first week's discussion post:
- Safi and Iseult are fantastic fighters. Have you ever wanted to learn how to fight/take self-defense classes or have you already? Tell us about your reasoning/experience!
- Of these specialized witcheries revealed so far (truthwitch, threadwitch, bloodwitch, wordwitch, windwitch, voicewitch) which power would you like to have and why?
- The beginning of the book already features political intrigue, Safi and Iseult trying to get away, and the mystery of cleaving. Which plot point interests you the most so far, and why?
- Share a favorite quote from the book!
- Character Spotlight: Safiya | Talk about what you like or dislike about Safi. Do you identify with her in any way? What do you think about her actions so far?
Oh and there's still time to sign-up for the read-along! We would love for everyone to join us! Check out this post for all the details.