I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, February 7, 2016

Suspense Sundays (185) Can't We Be Friends?

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"Can't We Be Friends?"
Air date: July 25, 1946
Starring Elliot Lewis
>>Episodes here<<

Michael used to date a girl named Fran,  When she got sick and in the hospital, he kinda dropped her, and dated around.  But months later he still finds himself thinking of her, and decides to see her, now that she's better and out of the hospital.  Their reunion takes a left turn pretty quickly as Michael loses his temper and feels very angry that he's still obsessed with her even though they both don't love each other.  He's so upset that he decides he has to kill her so he won't think about her anymore.

This episode featured a true whack job in the main character.  If ever there was a thin reason to murder someone, this would be it.  Just get over her! I love that the woman basically said that.  I have mixed feelings about this one.  It is an interesting story, with a good twist, but I just disliked the selfish and unbelievably callous main character so much, that I very much wanted a swift and just punishment to come to him.  But you don't really get that in the end. It is interesting that this was written by the actor who stars in it!

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment