I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, May 24, 2015

Suspense Sundays (150) The Legend of Robbie

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"The Legend of Robbie"
Air date: May 8, 1960
Starring Larry Robinson and George Matthews
>>Episodes here<<

Robbie is convinced by his friend, Dutch, and the girl he likes to steal his employer's Mr. Harris' money.  He's worked for Mr. Harris for a long time and Robbie is trusted to take the weekly earnings to the bank.  But his friend convinces him that he can just pretend he was robbed on the way, and no one will know the difference.  Robbie is very reluctant but for the girl he'll do it.

Ooh this was a great episode - such a good twist midway that I just can't reveal!  But I loved how what seemed like a sad tale of how Robbie was lead down the wrong path, was turned into something unexpected with Robbie being much more than he seemed.  And then the ending is another twist.  And so funny that the real villain turns out to be the girl I think!  This was a great episode.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment