I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, March 1, 2015

Suspense Sundays (139) Crank Letter

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"Crank Letter"
Air date: February 21, 1960
Starring Lyle Sudrow
>>Episodes here<<

Dr. Fraser calls the police when he receives a threatening letter accusing him of murdering a patient and getting away with it.  Lieutenant Nieman is dismissive of the crank letter, but Dr. Fraser receives another, and then receives another - not through the mail, but left on his desk.  Lieutenant Nieman is seriously investigating now.

While this is a solidly constructed suspenseful story, I feel like I've seen the twist in this done too much to be really impressed by it.  It was probably a great episode to listen to at the time though, so overall I think this is an enjoyable episode.  There are some good misdirection scenes to keep you from guessing the outcome.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment