I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, February 8, 2015

Suspense Sundays (136) Turnabout

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"Turnabout"
Air date: January 24, 1960
Starring Leonard Stone and Ginger Jones
>>Episodes here<<

Walter, a good friend of Mr. Ross, who is the district attorney, comes over to have dinner with Mr. Ross and his family. Walter wants to talk about a recent murder case which a man is on trial for but Mr. Ross doesn't understand why Walter wants to talk about it, until Walter reveals that he is the murderer, and Walter is going to stay with the family, especially the child, to make sure the innocent man is convicted for the crime.

A story where the family is kept hostage is always a suspenseful, tension filled story.  The Ross's efforts to trick Walter are what keeps the suspense going, but I'll reveal that they aren't the ones that foil him.  In fact the source of Walter's downfall is a great one in this story - one that I didn't quite see coming but has that wonderful ironic twist.  Whenever a Suspense episode truly surprises me, it makes me so delighted, and this is a delightful episode.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment