I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Monday, February 23, 2015

Review: Faefever

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , ,
Faefever (Fever Series #3)
by Karen Marie Moning
Urban Fantasy
Amazon  /  Goodreads

Plot Summary:


He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences.…

Review:

This series continues to delight me so!  The world-building is expanded even more, as Mac works to become better prepared for whatever is coming.  Mac's efforts to not keep all her eggs in one basket as she says, means she has to deal with a variety of people who are untrustworthy and suspicious, and it's interesting how she navigates between them.  I'm pretty sure I know who I think she should trust, but it's good to see her explore her options.  Especially with V'lane, the Fae prince who is much more fleshed out in this story.  He's a fun character - all charm and manners, but with questionable morality and an inability to understand humans.  I definitely wanted to see more of a face-off between him and Barrons!

It is funny/annoying how pretty much all the guys Mac talks to wants to know if she's sleeping with the other guy (answer: no) and like Mac, I was very much fed up with their intrusive and unwelcome comments on her private life.  There's the addition of another character - Christian, who is of course very good looking, interested in Mac, and can tell when people are lying which makes Mac's life a little harder.  I did like him in the beginning, but his lie detector thing was getting very annoying, very quickly.  I say this though, not as a flaw in the story, but because I'm so caught up in these characters that I react to them as if they were real people!  Because I'm loving these books!

The story ramps up to the All Hallow's Eve finale, which is devastating - like 200% more than I was expecting, and which really elevated this book in my opinion.  The stakes are so high, and the ending is so chilling, that even the author included a little note at the end, telling her readers that things aren't as bad as they seem.  Well that didn't really help my stress level, but going immediately into the fourth book did!

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment