I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, December 14, 2014

Suspense Sundays (128) The Thimble

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.

"The Thimble"
Air date: November 22, 1959
Starring Whitfield Connor
>>Episodes here<<

A distraught Miss O'Neal asks the assistant D.A. to investigate the death of her mother because she believes it was murder but her mother's physician (also romantically involved with the mother) refuses to perform an autopsy and insists cause of death was a heart attack.  Miss O'Neal does not believe her mother had heart problems, but from the reports the physician presents, it's clear that she did.  So was it murder?

This was a rather excellent little murder mystery.  There were many moments when I was just completely unsure whether there was a crime and who is actually guilty.  This felt different from the normal Suspense episodes I listen to, because it felt so much like a procedural.  But there is a very neat little twist in the end, which the title of the episode hints at, but even with that hint, I didn't guess it before the solution was revealed.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment