I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Thursday, April 10, 2014

Why I Love Shakespeare, Or A Plea for the Classics

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,

This is another "New Post" alert for something I wrote on The Duchesses - it's just a little fangirling over Shakespeare specifically, but I think my comments also apply to Classic Literature in general as I feel an appreciation of the Classics is so important and can be so rewarding.  And in case you are wondering, the use of Star Trek gifs are totally appropriate, because I mention The Next Generation series in the post! :)

Please check it out here if you are interested!  -- Why I Love Shakespeare


Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

8 comments:

  1. I really need to add some more classics into my reading schedule! They are classics for a reason I am sure!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are! That's pretty much the point of my post! LOL All classics aren't the same, I'm sure there is at least one that would appeal to each reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post..and also I went back and read the time travel ones as well..what an awesome feature! I love Shakespeare as well..I wish I had been able to see a play at the Globe when I was in London!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Shakespeare! He and Jane Austen are at the top of my list of favorite authors (too difficult to say who's #1, though, lol), which is kind of funny because I've never been much of a classics reader aside from those two. I keep telling myself that I need to branch out more, because I'm sure that I'm missing out on many great novels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time! And hopefully they will be doing Much Ado about Nothing when you go! The only time I saw a play at the Globe, it happened to be Much Ado and it was the first time I had ever seen the story! So that was really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so great! Both of those authors deserve to be in the top spot so you probably won't find another author to bump them off, but definitely try more Classics! I'm sure you will find more to love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hopping on over! I love Shakespeare too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thanks Katie! You left a great comment!

    ReplyDelete