I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, January 5, 2014

Suspense Sundays (78) Tree of Life

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.   {My archive list of episodes}


"Tree of Life"
Air date: January 2, 1947
Starring Mark Stevens
>>Episodes here<<

James Dawson wants to kill his wife, and ironically his neighbor also had plans to kill his own wife.  Unfortunately Dawson stumbles upon those hitmen right after they finish the job.  The hitmen assume Dawson is the husband of the wife they just killed, and Dawson has to go along with it because otherwise the hitmen can not allow Dawson to live.  But how long can he pretend to be another man?

Where is this neighborhood where wives get killed?  I mean what a coincidence his neighbor is also planning to kill his wife!  Dawson has to do a lot of dancing to get out of this situation - but it's pretty sad how stereotypical these hitmen are.  And not too bright.  I do think the final twist in the end is a brilliant one though.  I totally didn't see it coming, and the irony of this whole episode is amazing!  

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment