I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: The Nerdist Way

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , ,
The Nerdist Way
by Chris Hardwick

Plot Summary:
Nerd superstar Chris Hardwick offers his fellow "creative obsessives" crucial information needed to come out on top in the current Nerd uprising. 
As a lifelong member of "The Nerd Herd," as he calls it, Chris Hardwick has learned all there is to know about Nerds. Developing a system, blog, and podcasts, Hardwick shares hard-earned wisdom about turning seeming weakness into world-dominating strengths in the hilarious self-help book, The Nerdist Way.
From keeping their heart rate below hummingbird levels to managing the avalanche of sadness that is their in-boxes; from becoming evil geniuses to attracting wealth by turning down work, Hardwick reveals the secrets that can help readers achieve their goals by tapping into their true nerdtastic selves.
Here Nerds will learn how to:

Become their own time cop 
Tell panic attacks to go suck it 
Use incremental fitness to ward off predators 


A Nerd's brain is a laser-it's time they learn to point and fire!


Review:
I'm such a big fan of the Nerdist podcast, that I had to buy this book, even though I wasn't sure it would really tell me anything that would really improve my life. I thought there was enough insight coming from Chris Hardwick through the podcast and his website. I was wrong. I actually realized quite a few things about the nerdy brain really did apply to me and how I (previously inexplicably) react to certain things. And the breakdown in this book of how the nerd brain thinks and obsesses and how you can trick the brain into doing the things it normally does and making it work for you has really opened my eyes to (hopefully) accomplishing goals that I have set for myself but so far failed to achieve. This book is a very enjoyable read to boot, and I love Chris' humor. In his words, if you read this book: "The clouds will part, animals will sing, and you'll surf a beam of light up into the sky to high-five your deity of choice." (Disclaimer: This may not happen)

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment