I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Friday, October 10, 2014

20 Things You Might Not Know About Me

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , ,
I was tagged by the awesomely kind Romi from Where the Writer Comes to Write to do this meme, so here are 20 things you might not know about me!  If anyone else would like to do this too, please consider yourself tagged!

One. How Tall Are You?
5'9" so pretty tall.  My Dad would sometimes say 'It's great being tall, just ask short people.'  He has a funny old sense of humor. :)

Two. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
Hmm, not really no - I wish I had something more interesting to add here!

Three. What's your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Overly negative reviews annoy me.  It's fair if you didn't like a book at all, but I don't like to see bloggers bash a book unnecessarily.

Four. What is your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
Well, since I just got off work and have work on the mind, people not picking up after themselves in lab, really annoy me.  Mostly because I feel compelled to do it for them, and it seems so obvious to me that if you lay something down somewhere else, you should put it back when you're done.  But I know that's not obvious to everyone...

Five. What's your favourite song?
Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney.  Although at the moment I'm crazy obsessed with "Let's Face the Music and Dance" as sung by Brent Spiner and Maude Maggart.

Six. What's your favourite etsy shop that isn't yours?
Wonderland Contraband make these delightful clay miniature people as charms and things.  They also do custom orders, so they made me Jane Eyre and Rochester charms that are just adorable.  (And for the record, I don't have an etsy shop.)

Seven. What's your favourite way to spend free time when you're alone?
Besides reading?  Probably watching something on Netflix or a DVD.

Eight. What is your favorite junk food?
Chips.  Even though I have such a sweet tooth, when I snack, I more prefer savory than sweet, and chips are my favorite!  Though I've tried not to eat as much of it lately what with sodium levels!

Nine. Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
I did - I had two dwarf hamsters named Lyra and Pantalaimon (from the His Dark Materials series) and before that I had a pet mouse I named Adele (after the little girl in "Jane Eyre").  No pets currently though.   I really want to get a dog someday!

Ten. What are your number one favourite nonfiction and fiction books?
Hmmm. lemme think... possibly "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë for fiction?  I'm just picking that one off the top of my head. ;)  And for nonfiction, it's Derren Brown's just wonderful and humorous memoir "Confessions of a Conjuror."

Eleven. What's your favourite beauty product?
Right now, I really like Bite Beauty lipstick which is like a lip balm with color.  It goes on light and it's supposed to have antioxidants, so it's good for my skin I hope!

Twelve. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
You know, I can't really think of a stand out recent moment, so I'll mention one that happened when I was much younger.  In eighth grade of elementary school I was in the student council and I had to help give morning announcements, so I would speak over the PA system.  One day I really needed to clear my throat, but for some reason I felt embarrassed to just do it when the whole school can hear, so I thought it was better to croak my way through the announcement...

Thirteen. If you could only drink one beverage for the rest of your life (besides h20) what would it be?
Tea.  It's so comforting and nourishing!

Fourteen. What's your favorite movie?
Discounting Jane Eyre (cause that's always my favorite everything) I'll say "All This and Heaven Too" which is an old black and white movie from the forties with more than a passing resemblance to Jane Eyre so...

Fifteen. What were you in high school?
Boring?  I wasn't very involved in extracurricular activities, but I did enjoy my classes and did well in them.  I also had a small circle of friends which made me feel very insulated from the kind of high school life I read about in YA books nowadays.  I would like to read before class, or while waiting for it to begin sometimes so that probably helped to isolate me.  But I generally enjoyed high school.  It was a good environment for me.

Sixteen. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
100% England.  I love it there so much.  It doesn't even have to be London... anyone who might want to give me a job over there...

Seventeen. PC or MAC?
Mac - I'm just Apple everything - unfortunately (for my wallet) I really like their design aesthetic and ease of use.

Eighteen. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend?
Oh well, not really applicable.

Nineteen. Favorite celebrity?
I'm afraid he's not very well known in the States, but for his portrayal of Mr. Rochester in a 70's version of Jane Eyre, Michael Jayston immediately became my favorite actor.  I really love his portrayal and seeing him in many things after, I think he has a great talent for playing a character's nuances.  (link goes to my fansite for the actor!)

Twenty. What Blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
Well I would love to be best friends with all the book bloggers I talk to more frequently because they are all awesome, but best blogging pals is a thing, right? :D

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment