- September 2013 will be our month to post everything.
- Each blogger will choose a classic they'd like to read.
- They read their classic and read or watch as many retellings, spin-offs, sequels or adaptions of their classic as they can. They will post reviews or their thoughts on each one during September.
- 1-4 bloggers can work on a "main" text. They can work independently or work together. You're allowed to all read/watch the same things or split the work up.
- To participate in this project, you only sign up for one classic (and its adaptions).
- Optional: You're allowed to work on other classics/adaptions if you'd like. Find the bloggers covering the book you're interested in and ask to do a guest post!
- Optional: Do other posts about your classic: character analysis, where else to find the characters, the book’s influence on culture, memes, etc. It can be literally anything involving your classic.
- Optional: Do a sign up post after I clear your classic. It will help spread the word about the project and you’re able to bounce your ideas off of your readers. They may even give you ideas of books/movies to use for your classic!
- For a classic to be useable for this project, it should have at least 2 adaptions, spin-offs, sequels, or retellings.
- Sign-ups for the project ends May 25th.
Alyssa @ Books Take You Places is in charge of Ancient to Renaissance Lit Classics. (Sign up post)
Brittany @ Book Addicts Guide is in charge of Mythology. (Sign up post)
Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy is in charge of 19th Century & Gothic Classics.
Alison @ The Cheap Reader is in charge of Children's Classics. (Sign up post)
Wendy @ Excellent Library is in charge of American & Misc. Classics. (Sign up post)
Here are some choices for 19th Century & Gothic Classics (but if you think of one not on this list, just comment below and I'll give you the OK for it, if it fits the category. Remember there is a separate category for all American Classics). I have picked "The Time Machine" by HG Wells for my Classic.
Sign up by leaving a comment on this post with your choice and a link to your blog!
Emma (Dee @ Dee's Book Blog)
Northanger Abbey (Mrs. Silverstein @ Reading on the F Train)
Persuasion (Daphne @ Gone Pecan / Paola & Alix @ A Novel Idea)
Pride and Prejudice (Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog / Andrea @ Beauty but a Funny Girl)
Sense and Sensibility
Jane Eyre (Amy @ Book Goonie / Merin @ Read and Reviewed)
Mystery of Edwin Drood
The Old Curiosity Shop
A Tale of Two Cities
A Christmas Carol
Crime and Punishment
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Sherlock Holmes (Alisa @ Picture Me Reading / Alice @ Alice in Readerland)
The Count of Monte Cristo (DoingDewey)
The Three Musketeers (Cassi @ Bright Forest)
Mill on the Floss
Wives and Daughters (Whitney @ She Is Too Fond of Books)
North and South (Rachel @ Paper Cuts)
Far From the Madding Crowd
Jude the Obscure
The Mayor of Casterbridge
The Return of the Native
Tess of the D'Urbervilles (Amanda @ Off the Book)
Les Miserables (Tory @ The Sleeping Latte)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Phantom of the Opera (Krista @ Krista's Picks)
Edgar Allan Poe
Masque of the Red Death
The Mysteries of Udolpho
Sir Walter Scott
Frankenstein (Faith @ StudentSpyglass / Fi @ Bookish Outsider)
Robert L Stevenson
Treasure Island (InkSpired)
War and Peace
Around the World in 80 Days
Journey to the Center of the Earth
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Invisible Man (Melydia @ Utter Randomonium)
The Island of Dr. Moreau
The Time Machine (Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy)
War of the Worlds
Picture of Dorian Gray